Professional Development Materials
Reading Power Up with a PLC or faculty book group? Download a PDF of the complete study guide for free from Stenhouse.
Leading professional development at your school or district using Power Up? We have created ten workshops to help facilitate your PD efforts. Each workshop has a slide deck that corresponds with a chapter in the book. View all ten of our workshop slide decks by clicking the Google Drive folder. Then, make a copy of the folder, and adapt and tweak to make them work for you!
Please note: these workshops are licensed under a Creative Commons Non-Commercial, Share-Alike, Attribution License. You are welcome to use them with your school or district, with credit to Neebe and Roberts, but may not present them for commercial purposes.
Copyright, Creative Commons, Public Domain, and Fair Use
In Appendix A of the book, we outline the basics of Copyright, Creative Commons, Public Domain, and Fair Use. Below are some links to help deepen your understanding of these critical concepts, and to help facilitate your instruction around digital citizenship for your students:
- Common Sense Media copyright lessons
- Copyright Clarity: How Fair Use Supports Digital Learning
- United States Copyright Law Title 17
- BYU Copyright 101
- Project Gutenberg
- Creative Commons Licenses
- Awesome video explaining Creative Commons
- Cornell University Public Domain Resources
- Stanford University Fair Use Resources
- BYU Checklist for Fair Use